Wednesday, December 29, 2010

7 Habits Of Highly Defective Bench Pressing

In my line of work, I get to see a lot of pitching instructors and hitting coaches. Some have the unbelievable ability to really get through to kids and make them great. On the other hand, there are some that flat-out suck.

As I've seen these two ends of the spectrum, I've come to realize that the best guy to teach you a curveball is rarely the one who has had a dirty 12-to-6 breaking ball since he was in seventh grade. Rather, the guy that can teach you the most is the one who struggled with his curveball for years and tried everything to even turn it into a mediocre pitch.

Likewise, the best hitting coach hasn't batted .400 for a month, let alone a season. The best guy to teach you how to rake is the one who busted his butt to get from a .170 to .250 batting average.

When it comes to deadlifting, I've been pretty blessed. While I've worked my butt off and experimented with a variety of methods to bring it up, it's the lift that's always come naturally to me -- to the tune of a 650-pound deadlift at a body weight of 174 pounds in my last competition.

Read the rest of this article here

Photobucket

Goblet Squats

5-10-5 Test

AMRAP 20
1 Front Squat (Men use 185/Women use 123)
Run 100m
3 Weighted Pull Ups

No comments:

Post a Comment