Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chains And Bands Are Crap

Now that I have your attention, I will explain. While I was a strength coach at Nebraska-Omaha, I learned about all kinds of things in the strength game to improve sports performance. I was a nerd when it came to biomechanics and programming. I always wanted to learn new things and apply them. I felt the quickest way to know if something was worth keeping around was by trial and error. I would use it on myself and on my sports teams. I never overhauled my philosophy, just tweaked it from time to time. I strongly believe everything works for awhile and nothing works forever when it comes to programming for human performance. I will take an athlete or coach who buys into learning how to move correctly over someone who is always looking for the latest, greatest. You can have the best strength and conditioning program on the planet, but if your athletes don’t buy into it or if they have poor movement, it won’t mean shit. On the other hand, I can produce some great athletes with determination and desire on a less-than-stellar program. It’s thetried and true that gets results. That’s why it’s referred to as such.

Read this article here

Photobucket


Reaction Ball

Med Ball Throws

Box Drill

3 Rounds
3 Hang Squat Snatches (Men use 95#/Women use 63#)
Prowler Pull


No comments:

Post a Comment